Monday, July 9, 2012

Success

Toward the end of the school year and early summer I was super nervous about a training I was to conduct for the district. All school year long I had worked on a 21st Century Task Force to develop a grant for teachers to apply for what would allow them to have either laptops or Ipads in their classrooms. I worked with the director of professional development to create a week long training for the winners of these grants. This was to be the biggest training I have ever done for this district, and really the biggest I have ever built from scratch. Most teachers no matter what the training is for, do not love giving up an entire week of their summer to sit and be a student from 8-3 for five days in a row. It took me what seemed liked forever working and reworking the curriculum for this training. As the days got shorter to the first day of training I became overwhelmed. I had no confidence in myself left. I was really worried about what the participants would think of the training, and if is was really going to be beneficial for them.
It was then that I started doing my Bible study every morning before diving in to work on my "school work". Through the help of my devotional book I came across scripture about success. I hesitated at first praying these scriptures because I felt very selfish asking God to bless my training. Afer all it was just for school. It wasn't something at church where I would be reaching lost souls. But as the frustration grew I turned to the word. A place I should have started.

Hebrews 10:35-36
"So do not throw away your confidence. It will be richly rewarded. You need to persevere so that when you have done the will of God, you will receive what he has promised."


I even wrote this in my journal,
"It seems selfish in the moment, but I need God to help me finish preparing for this workshop. I want to do a great job.

God's Holy Word continued to speak to me...


Romans 5:3-5
"Glory in our sufferings. Suffering produces perseverance, perseverance character, and character hope."

Proverbs 16:3
"Commit to the Lord whatever you do and he will establish your plans."

Proverbs 2:7
"He holds success in store for the upright, he is a shield to those whose walk is blameless."

Genesis 24
"When I came to the spring today, I said Lord, God of my master Abraham, if you will please grant me success to the journey I am on."

1 Samuel 18:14
"In everything he did he had great success because the Lord was with him."

Then I replaced my name in the above scripture...
"In everything Traci did she had great success because the Lord was with her."

So how did the training go.... It could not have gone any better! Praise God Almighty!! The participants were very appreciative and the hard work that was put into the training, and it all ran very smoothly. Many commented that it "flew by" and did not seem like a week of training.

I give God all the glory. I honestly believe if I had not turned it all over to him and stayed in the word during my preparation time, I would not have be successful.

To God be all the glory, honor and praise forever and ever. AMEN!

No comments:

Post a Comment